! NEW DATE!
* Functional Movements are movements based on real-world situational biomechanics. They usually involve multi-planar, multi-joint movements which place demand on the body's core musculature and innervation.
* In common parlance, the Core of the body is broadly considered to be the torso. Functional movements are highly dependent on this part of the body.
* Why is this so important to us? Because we were meant to move! Why were we meant to move? Because that is the way how we can survive. In 21st century, we don't have to survive the way we used to, yet the instincts are still there: let's manage them in these times!
CONTENTS OF THE WORKSHOP:
Own body and mind development through functional movement in technical and creative ways, alone and together with a partner. In a building up progression, we will run through 3 major guidelines:
• Breath techniques and synchronization of breath with movement through certain exercises.
• Solo work through a set of different exercises, in function of a current theme. These are meant to give you a better understanding of bio mechanics and how you can adapt it to your own body. Those exercises will include locomotions, ground work, fast and dynamic work, core work, action-reaction exercises.
• Get challenged section covers the adaptation of breath techniques and solo work in playful and challenging situations with a partner. Various possibilities how to test your freshly learned skills together with somebody else in close to realistic, yet safe and manageable, circumstances.
This is an Open-Level workshop for everybody who loves to test their body and mind through physical work.
Ruslan North, one of the co-founders of Acrocontactyoga and co-manager of the Moving Fire Arts group. His backgrounds are Tendo-ryu Aikido, Karate Kyokushinkai, Yoga, Calisthenics, AcroYoga Montreal Style, Flow Arts and, recently, Fighting Monkey / RootlessRoot practice.
Main characteristics of Ruslan are spontaneity, creativity and technical insights, along with his passion, dedication and enthusiasm to understand the principles of how things work.
• Website: https://acrocontactyoga.com/
• Facebook: https://facebook.com/antwerpacroyoga/
• Instagram: https://instagram.com/acrocontactyoga/
24 juin 2018, from 10am till 2pm
Rue Blockmans 14
1150 Woluwé Saint-Pierre
message: Functional movement 24/06/18
Facebook: Vivobarefoot Brussels
Mail: [email protected]
Tel: 02 259 01 48